Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tate said the prayer tonight

Normally I help Tate say his nighttime prayers which we do as a family. Tonight he decided that he wanted to help me say the prayer. So he said it then I repeated after him. Everything was going very well until we got to the "please bless" portion.

After blessing Grandpa and Grandma and Baba (Sachiyo's mom) and Sion and Hana and Grandpa and Grandma and Grandpa and Cashus and Gracie and mommy and Grandpa and Grandma and Baba and the school and his books and Cashus and Gracie and Grandma and Grandpa and Baba and Sachiyo's sister and Sachiyo's sister's husband and the lights and flashlights and balls and Grandpa and Grandma (By this time I was trying somewhat unsuccessfully to supress my laughter) he said "Please bless my sunscreen." I lost it. I had to bury my face in the pillow to laugh because I looked over at him and he had his eyes open staring at me with that face he does when he is trying to see how far he can push Sachiyo and I.

Speaking of Sachiyo, where was she during all this? Right behind him trying not to burst out laughing as well. All I needed was for her to prompt him with "And we say these thing in the name........." Nothing. So I just had to end the prayer myself. Tate immediately responded with "I'M STILL PRAYING!" This did nothing for my ability to hold myself together. So by the end of the night we are all laughing together and Tate is now too hyper to sleep. Good memories....but it's going to be a long night.

No comments: