Saturday, September 5, 2009

Catching Up

Well, August was busy. Here is the update

Both girls cut their first two teeth. Both have their two bottom front teeth now.

Both girls are crawling.

Hana is sitting up and trying to stand up already. I think she'll be walking by Thanksgiving. I don't know whether to be afraid or excited or both.

Sachiyo finished her last Master's class. Individual and Corporate Income Tax. Yuck! If you THINK the tax system is messed up, try studying it for a couple of months. Then you will KNOW it is messed up. She got an A (of course).

I got qualified as a Night Systems, Search and Rescue Instructor (that means I get to work a lot more nights).

I attended a Inland SAR planning Conference in Boise for a week and enjoyed hanging out with Ted. Boise is much more pleasant than Yuma in the summer.

Both computers crashed again....at the same time....the week of Sachiyo's final. Mr. Murphy, if I ever find you....

I have spent a lot of time prepping for his law school applications, which become available in September. I just wish I knew where I was going to apply to. The list keeps changing every few days. I'll let you all know in a few months which school actually accept me. Right now, most of my time is being spent on my personal statement, which for most schools, usually consists of the answer to the following prompt: Tell us something about you that we couldn't tell from the rest of your application. Sounds simple enough except that the personal statement is usually weighted the same as your GPA and your LSAT (Law School Admissions Test) and is considered the "make or break" portion of your application. No pressure. I think that I have rewritten, scrapped, restarted, scrapped, rewritten, etc about 30 times so far and I still don't like it. Good thing I don't have to send them in for a month or so.


OK enough writing, here are the pictures that most of you come here to see:

Sion in the foreground, Hana behind.



Feeding two at a time gets busy. They are starting to feed themselves crackers and such



Tate enjoys building tree houses (prisons) for his sisters.



Part of the prison literacy program?



Sion pauses her destruction of the house for a Photo Op



Sion says, "Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the seat!"


No comments: