Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our first big screw-up with the twins....more to come I'm sure.

OK, after watching the twins for a few days, filling out their birth certificates and bringing them home, we realized we had given them each other's name. Didn't take us long to mix them up. In the womb the one we had been calling Hana was the calm, laid back one and Sion was the wild child. Well, they were born out of order due to Sion ripping her placenta off the wall of mommy's uterus so I got confused. I went back to the hospital today and changed thier birth certificates so all should be good now.

That's why I think that you should be able to take them home for a few days/weeks before you decide what to name your kids. People take that much time to name their dogs and I think that kids are more important.... The nurse looked at me funny when I tried to explain this to her almost 4 years ago when they wouldn't let us take Tate home until when actually gave him a name.

Anyways.....

To recap:

Sion was actually born first 5 lbs 12.7 oz 17.75 inches

Hana was born second: 6 lbs 9 oz 19.5 inches.

In other news, mommy and the girls are home now. I will try to get more pictures posted soon. I just have to go back and relabel all the pictures I took already.

I can't wait for the Christmas mix ups....

No comments: